Friday, July 12, 2013

Sparkling Christmas Tree Card

Welcome to the Christmas In July Blog Hop~Christmas Gift Card Edition! We've got some talented Cricut crafters lined up and they can't wait to show you the Gift Card Holder they created! So make sure you visit each blog in the hop and leave a comment. Not only because we all love comments, but because each blog you comment on will give you an entry in the prize drawings! This week's prize is a brand new Gingerbread cart! They winner will be drawn from all the entries on Fri, July 12. And, the prize drawing at the end of the month is for a brand new Christmas {Noel} cart! So, be sure to follow my blog and comment here before going to the next blog.

Here's my project:   Sparkling Christmas Tree Card
 
I have made several of these cards with different images.  This one is made using Cricut Craft Room Basics for the rectangle and Christmas for the tree.   The rectangular base is a real dial ON 8.5" wide by 4.25" high rectangle.  I used my gypsy to weld a real dial OFF 4.10" high Christmas tree to the right side of the rectangle.  You can substitute any shape as long as you stretch this shape so the shape is as tall as your card.  I then cut a real dial OFF 4.10" base and shadow tree. 
 
Front of card before the layers were added.
Back of card before white cardstock is added. 
You can see where I added the blackout tree
and why I added the white liner.






Shadow (bottom layer) Base (top layer) Blackout (back)


I like to use glittered cardstock for this project because it easily adds dimension.  It is hard to see but the white and dark green layers were cut from glittered paper.  These papers are from a stack I got at Michaels.  
 
Finished card front. 
 
 
I used my craft bond glue stick to adhere the layers of the Christmas tree.   Then I glued the blackout tree to the backside.  It just makes a more finished card.  I cut a plain white cardstock liner (base) to cover the wild print paper.  If the back of your paper is lightly colored you might not need the white liner piece. 



Finished inside of card.

To finish the card I added a clear Christmas sentiment sticker.  You could write or stamp your message.   I liked how easy it was to apply the sticker and not worry about ink getting on the wrong places. 

Have fun making Christmas cards in the good ole summertime!!
 
 
 

29 comments:

  1. It's a lovely and elegant card! Love the dimension you created with glitter cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! I love all the layers to the tree...what dimension it gave the card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Loved how your tree just popped ! I always like cards that have added dimension! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that tree. I made an embossing folder out of it. Really great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! Love the sparkly glitter and the dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty I love the dimension the glitter paper gave to the tree. Elegant card TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I like the sticker idea. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty tree and love the touch of glitter paper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card! I love the tree cut from glitter paper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your card. Love how you layered the tree with the pretty glitter paper. TFS.
    D~ Dragonfly50
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is beautiful! Thank you for the great instructions, I would really like to try this one. I love the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! I love how the tree hangs off the edge of the card

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a great group of talented ladies you are!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always loved that swirly tree! Love how you have it on the edge of the card and used glittered paper. Super cute!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That swirly tree is one of my favorites and you have made it beautiful. Great ending to this week's hop. Enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the swirly tree too -- beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super idea edging the card with a glittered tree. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the tree !!! So pretty

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice Christmas Tree Card. Love the glittery tree. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty card. I love the glittery tree you used!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The card is lovely! I love that swirly, sparkling Christmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your tree and it's placement are so cool! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card, and I love the tree!

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really love this card!!! I need help with using these cartridges (new to this, layering and just exactly what I need to cut for each item) Would you be able to suggest the best places to go to get a better understanding of how to use the Cricut to make items as beautiful as this? I sure would appreciate any suggestions from y'all!

    ReplyDelete