Friday, July 19, 2013

Merry Christmas Y'all

Welcome to the Christmas In July Blog Hop~Christmas Ornament Edition! We've got some talented Cricut crafters lined up and they can't wait to show you the ornaments they created! So make sure you visit each blog in the hop and leave a comment. Not only because we all love comments, but because each blog you comment on will give you an entry in the prize drawings!  The prize drawing at the end of the month is for a brand new Christmas {Noel} cart! So, be sure to follow my blog and comment here before going to the next blog.

Here's my project:   Christmas ornaments with a Texas twist!
 

Here, in Texas, we frequently have at least one tree in the house decorated with a Texas or western theme.  I made 2 of each ornament this week and will make 2 more each weekend until I have emough decorations for the little tabletop tree I use in my classroom. 


 
 

The boot is from Yee Haw (third row 1) at 5.12" high.  I used my gypsy to make one regular shape and flipped a second shape so my ornaments would be double sided.  Be careful with this boot, it needs to be cut at least 5" high or the accent pieces get too small to handle.  (ask me how I know)

The hat is from Old West (first row 4) at 3.94" high.   I used my gypsy to make one regular shape and flipped a second shape so my ornaments would be double sided.  I really like this hat; it reminds me of my grandfather.  He always got a new Spring hat at Christmas and a Fall hat for his birthday.




 The saddle is from Old West (first row 3) at 6.06 high.  I used my gypsy to make one regular shape and flipped a second shape so my ornaments would be double sided 

The stars are from When it's cold Outside (bottom row 1 and 2)  cut at 4.25 high.  I used plain white paper but may add some accents later.
 
I hope you enjoyed my "Texas Tree" ornaments.  I'll post a picture of my tree when I put it up this year.  I plan to add a bandana print garland; red, white, and blue lights; and might top the tree with a real cowboy hat.

Your next stop is Laura at http://www.coolbeansbylb.blogspot.com/

and here is the entire line up in case you get lost along the way:

28 comments:

  1. I love the theme of your ornaments! I would love see the ornaments in your tree. They will be a fun addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love the idea of a theme tree!!! You did a great job on all of them! I especially liked the saddle!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of the "themed" tree, and love your ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a themed tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, I absolutely LOVE your Texas ornaments! I can't wait to see photos of your tree. Glad to see a fellow Texan on the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love your idea of having one tree decorated for Texas! Your ornaments are perfect for this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super idea for a classroom tree! I bet the children are going to love them all! I know I do! Each one is cuter than the next! I can see these on my son's little tree that I put up for him in his room. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. good twist! I like that you thought outside of contemporary. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WHY, I do believe "Y'all" did some mighty fine creations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Texas ornaments are sooooo cute! Lookin' forward to seeing your decorated tree! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! I never thought of doing this. I have a friend who lives in Texas and she would love these :)

    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your ornaments for a Texas tree are adorable! Wonder how peach ornaments would look for a Georgia tree? Thanks for being in the hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our granddaughters in McKinney always have a Texas tree in their rooms so these would've great ornaments to create for them!
    Love your directions! Thanks for this idea and look forward to seeing your classroom trea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cant wait to see your fully decorated Texas tree! I love theme trees and I am betting yours will be fantastic!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the western theme, your ornaments are adorable. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I look forward to seeing a picture of the whole tree decorated with these!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are going to be adorable on your Texas tree. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What unique ornaments - so perfect for a Texas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun idea for a tree theme. These are great. TFS.
    D~
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your Texas ornaments - and the story of your grandfather and his Spring and Fall hats!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Texas ornaments! I'm a new follower.

    http://happyscrapper64.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your Texas ornaments -- and look forward to seeing a pic of your tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This so reminded me of our Christmas's in Arizona, where we decorated with cowboy hats and boots too, but being from Texas, I'm sure your ornaments are much larger than ours :) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the western theme. Can't wait to see pics of your tree with these ornaments on it. TFS.

    ReplyDelete