Now on to my project: Christmas badge/ID holder.
All images are cut at 4.5". I used Christmas and Christmas Village to create the badge holder. I love to make Shrinky Dinks. I use the Shrinky Dink brand Rough and Ready type of shrink film. You can use any brand you want. Shriny Dink can be used in so many different ways. This project requires a different set of instructions.
- Use the gypsy or Cricut Craft Room to plan the shapes you want to cut.
- Open a new page with the gypsy or CCR and line-up the blackout cuts that correspond to the cuts from step 1.
- Replace the blade with a Cricut marker. Cut the shapes as usual. I used a rose marker I've had for several years.
- To make these charms use Cricut makers to "cut" draw the images on the shrink plastic. When finished drawing the shapes KEEP the mat loaded.
- Press the "Return to Design" button. Click on the page that has your shadow cuts. Use a deep cut blade and set multi-cut to 3. Cut shapes as you would normally.
|Shapes colored and ready for the heat gun.|
You should have a "coloring book" type shape. I used Mark-It markers to color my designs. They are a poor man's version of copic markers. Do note that the color will intensify when shrunk. I use my heat gun and a left over glazed bathroom tile to shrink the Shrinky Dinks.
Once the charms were created I used hemp cording and pony beads to create the badge holder. I tied a square knot when I finished stringing the beads instead of trying to attach a closure. I put a large amount of glue on the knot to seal the ends. The badge holder is about 40 inches long.
|Shrunken shapes ready to string.|
You can use any theme you want. Use beading wire and glass beads for a more sophisticated look. The length can be varied as needed. Have fun a make a badge holder!! After you check out the rest of our Blog Hop. You should go to Betsy at http://betsymcreates.
|Finished badge/ID holder.|
Here's the complete lineup, just in case you started somewhere in the middle,
July 27 ~ Cricut Christmas Anything Goes
1~Paulette at http://scrapalette.
2~Sis at http://papercraftscissors.
3~Maria at http://stampcutcreate.
4~Laura at http://www.coolbeansbylb.
5~Brenda at http://happyscrapper64.
6~ Lisa at http://addictedtothecricut.
8~ Cindy at http://www.inlovewithpaper.
9~Angela at http://angiespaperpassion.
10~Theresa at http://scrapsbygracie.
11~Beth at http://seaswancreations.
blogspot.com/<<<< You are here.
12~Betsy at http://betsymcreates.
blogspot.com/<<<<< Next stop.
13~Loraine at http://www.