Sunday, October 7, 2012

Falling for Halloween Day 2

Boo Wall Decor

Welcome to the Falling for Halloween Blog Hop. Thanks for joining us to enjoy all the wonderful crafty inspiration for the fall and Halloween season.
You should have arrived here from Cindy's blog. If you missed the beginning of the hop, please go to Maria's blog to start so you don't miss any of the projects.

I cleaned up my craft area, made a quick trip to the grocery store and read the  posts on this weekend's Blog Hop. Then I got to thinking I have this nice clean crafting space let's do another project for this weekend's Blog Hop.  So whipped up this project in about half an hour.  We bought theses 4" x 6" frames last year during the Black Friday sale at Walmart.  They have been sitting against the wall waiting for just the right project. The frame border covers about 1/2 inch around the perimeter of the backing making the actual surface 3 1/2" by 5 1/2".

 I used Happy Hauntings cartridge, white glitter cardstock, yellow, black, and orange cardstock and some charms from my stash.  I cut the letter shadows at 2.5" and the top layer of the letters at 2" (I wanted the black to really show).  The spiderweb frame was cut about 5" by 6".  I then had to cut the left and right sides of each frame so they would fit my frames.  I used pop dots on the letters to give the project some extra dimension. 
I think the glitter paper make a great spiderweb.
 
Thanks for playing along with us today.  Please be sure to check out all the participant's wonderful projects. I've posted the list below in case you've missed anyone. The next blog you will be visiting belongs to the very talented Renee.



29 comments:

  1. Awesome Frames!!!loving the Glitter!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea!! I would have never thought to do this for home decor- thanks for sharing!
    toledoslp@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wall decor! Love the white glitter spider webs!

    l_pirelli at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful wall decor idea! Love the glitter paper for the spider webs, it really makes them pop! Thank you so much for being in the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! The glitter paper is perfect for a spider web. I can't believe you did that project in 30 minutes! Wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute idea! I am not a very quick crafter so I am amazed that you could do that in 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the BOO frames and I have this cart, so I could get busy with this idea. lol
    kidshomelove at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is impressive! It would take ne a couple of days to make something that pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute! I have some small frames too and this would be perfect for using them! Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

    scrapluv45@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't get enough of those bloody drippy goo letters. A favorite this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your home dec project! The use of white instead of black for the web is very interesting--- love that it sparkles!!

    Great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I concur - the glitter paper makes a wonderful spider web. Great project - love how each letter is framed separately!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally agree about using the white glitter paper for the webs. It adds dimension to the project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute wall decor. Love the glitter paper, never thought of using it like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable, I love it! Versatile enough that I could hang it vertically in one of the many narrow walls I have :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the decor! I've got a bunch of new ideas for decorating this Halloween! Thank you!
    -D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like that is the perfect size. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this blog hop!! Many cute and easy ideas includes these cute pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your project is great and I too love the glitter paper thanks for letting me know about your blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, that glitter paper does make the perfect spider web! I don't have this cart but those web frames are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the frame you did. The spider web works great. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. A sparkly, white spider web is a nice change from black ones. I like it!
    Margo (go-go from the cricut mb)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the glittery spider web!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the idea of doing every letter separately. I like theses drippy letters.

    marg0006 at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super fun what a great idea love the cute little Boo. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete